Escape the rain here in Grän!
Here comes the sun!
Rainy departure day?
Before you leave us, enjoy
a final sauna session in the
Organic Spa. Lunch is also
included, depending when
you are coming or going.
Here, somewhere between Heaven and Earth, we want you to find your own little Cloud 9.
Rainy weather? No problem! There is plenty to do indoors, including relaxing in our Organic Spa and dining in the hotel restaurant, while those who don't mind getting a little wet can head out and explore. Scroll down to find out about all the services included as standard in your stay at Der Engel. by the way, the snazzy umbrella in the photo above isn't included, but you can buy one from our hotel shop.
- Morning: Healthy and hearty breakfast buffet available from 7:30 until 10:30 including fresh omlettes, waffles and other egg dishes as well as jams and honeys, regional produce, a large selection of cheese and cold meats, fresh bread and rolls – and sparkling wine or freshly squeezed fruit juices. If you are planning on arriving early in the day, let us know. You are welcome to have breakfast here at the hotel for a small extra fee of €28.
- Midday: Lunch buffet from 12:30 until 15:00. Salad buffet and selection of cakes as well as soup and two main courses. You are welcome to use our lunch buffet on your day of departure.
- Afternoon: Cake buffet open until 17:00 with large selection of cakes, gateaux and tartes, plus fresh fruit and non-alcoholic drinks (including tea and coffee).
- Evening: Six-course gourmet dinner served from 18:30 until 20:30 with four main courses to choose from.
- Let us know if you have any allergies or intolerances (gluten, lactose, etc.). We will be happy to provide dietary alternatives.
- Themed evenings: Kitchen Party & Gala Dinner.
- Spa: 8,000 square metres of purity, including a nude adults-only area (open from 9:00) as well as a separate clothed area (open from 7:00) aimed at families. Guests are also welcome to use the Organic Spa until 17.00 on their day of departure.
- Four pools: indoor and outdoor pool (heated all year round) with cosy chillout corners, plus a relax pool and a cold-water pool.
- Mountain lake and alpine garden with comfortable recliners.
- Ten different saunas and steam rooms, including two clothed saunas for families as well as an ice grotto, a Kneipp water therapy pool and jungle rain showers.
- Sauna infusions 2-3 times a day, with a little vitamin-rich surprise to boost the immune system.
- Various chillout rooms with heated waterbeds, cosy cuddle corners, hanging basket chairs and relaxing recliners.
- Spa bag in your room including a fluffy bathrobe and towels. During your stay, however, you will no longer find slippers in your room. Together with your help, we are trying to make the Engel more "organic" bit by bit. We have switched to a more ecological version, but this also uses up ...... reserves, which we can reduce together if you bring yours from home. Thank you for your help <3
- Vitamin corner in the swimming area with muesli, fresh fruit, vegetable sticks, juices and organic teas until 17:00.
- Meditations: mind, body & soul meditation, pranayama breathing meditation, chakra meditation, relax-your-mind meditation, Five Tibetan Rites, gong meditation, sound journey, Kneipp therapy.
- Yoga & Qi Gong: qi gong, yoga for everyone, yin yoga, yoga nidra.
- Workouts: flexibility workout, body workout, specific back workout, fascia fit using foam roller, back flexibility workout, strong core workout.
- Workshops: self-love women's workshop, make-up workshop, informative talk about pine trees and the health benefits of pinewood.
- Winter: 2 x guided snowshoe walks per week, 2 x guided winter walks per week.
- Summer: 3 x guided walks per week, 2 x guided mountain bike rides per week.
- Mountain summer: During your summer holiday you can use one of the four cable cars in the valley free of charge each day (one free ascent and descent per day). Guests also enjoy free access to the swimming pool at Haldensee. Want to learn more?
- Mountain winter: Guests staying at least three nights in the Tannheimer Tal can use the ski slopes in the valley's four ski resorts free of charge between Monday and Thursday during certain periods in January and March. Sounds like your kind of thing?
- 2 x apéritif each week with live music
- 3 x music evenings with bands & DJs at the hotel bar
- Recreation room with Playstation and table football
- For children who are potty-trained or over 3 years old: kids' club with childcare service all year round
- Babysitting service from €20 per hour (please book in advance at reception)
- Play room with ball pit, labyrinth and games corner
- Separate area for families in our Organic Spa (pools, chillout areas & clothed saunas)
- Summer activity programme for children (aged 4 years and older): pony-riding afternoon and riding at the Berggut Gaicht, rock climbing, zipwire, visit to a working farm, mountain herb workshop, make-your-own snowman, fun and games in the snow, etc.
- Summer activity programme for young guests: mountain-bike adventure (from 7 years), visit to the high-rope adventure park in Nesselwängle (from 7 years), canyoning (from 7 years, minimum height: 135 centimetres), day out at the Neunerköpfle mountain, how-to-make-a-cocktail workshop, pool party, tobogganing adventures, snowbiking, etc.