Here at Der Engel!
We are pleased to welcome you to our hotel. Here is a summary of the current COVID-19 rules. Please note that these rules can change at short notice. We will do our best to keep everything up to date. Thank you for your understanding.
travelling to austria
- Travellers to Austria no longer need to prove that they have been vaccinated, tested or had and recovered from COVID-19 ("3G Rule").
- It is also no longer necessary to complete a locator form.
staying at Der Engel
- Guests no longer need to prove that they have been vaccinated, tested or had and recovered from COVID-19 ("3G Rule").
- The wearing of FFP2 face masks is no longer mandatory.
- There is no restriction on the number of people who can attend events or the time when these events have to finish.
travelling from austria to Germany and switzerland
- Germany: Persons aged 12 years and older must NOT when travelling from Austria to Germany provide proof that they have been vaccinated, tested or had and recovered from COVID-19.
- Switzerland: Travellers from Austria to Switzerland do not need to complete an online form. They also do not need to provide proof that they have been vaccinated, tested or had and recovered from COVID-19.
- Our hotel bar is open for you from 12:30. We look forward to welcoming you here as usual with fine aperitifs and special drinks. There is no longer a mandatory closing time for bars and clubs.
- Pools: How much we enjoy the space that our bathing and spa landscape offers. Social distancing of at least one metre is not a problem here at all. For our four pools and mountain lake with a combined water surface of almost 1,000 square metres there are currently no other restrictions.
- Saunas & steam baths All saunas and steam baths are open as normal.
- Chillout rooms: Our chillout rooms are ready to welcome you with plenty of social distancing possible. Please use the towels and pillows provided in your room.
- Beauty treatments & massages: We are very pleased that we can continue to offer you our exclusive treatments. We have adapted our hygiene guidelines to the current requirements and intensified our cleaning and disinfection protocols.
- Disinfection & hand-washing: We have provided disinfection facilities for at every public entrance to our spa, next to the lifts and at the entrance to the restaurant. Please feel free to use them – in addition to washing your hands regularly.
- Gym: The gym is regularly disinfected. We ask you maintain social distancing here as well.
- Weekly activity programme: Our sports and leisure activities are taking place as normal. Our local expert Poldi, fitness coach Markus and yoga trainer Katharina are working hard on activities at the hotel and throughout the wonderful Tannheim Valley. We look forward to welcoming you!
- Windows & more: We have state-of-the-art ventilation systems at the hotel. We also recommend you open the window and let some fresh air in on a regular basis.
- Engel's Kids Club: Childcare will take place as usual. Our childcare expert Anne is already working hard on programmes that will mainly take place outdoors. Motto: Get out and explore the Tannheim Valley!
- Dr Eva Wurz and her team provide PCR tests. You will receive the result within 15 minutes. Price: €75 per test. To make an appointment speak to a member of staff at hotel reception or call the doctor's practice on +43 (0) 5675 20777.
- At the MPreis supermarket in Grän (Hafeneggerweg 1) you can take a free PCR gargle test. To use this service you must register here. You then pick up a test kit from the supermarket, do the test in your hotel room and bring the test back to the supermarket. You will receive the result in 24 hours. You will find more information about this "Tirol testet" scheme here.
- There is also an official test centre at Tanni's Kinderparadies. Open Moday to Friday from 9:00 until 17:00. There is another official test centre at the tourism information building in Tannheim. Open Saturday & Sunday from 9:00 until 12:00. Price per PCR test: €45. You will receive the result in 24 hours. These test centres also continue to carry out lateral flow tests free of charge.
Last updated: 12 September 2022
The measures are based on
the latest rules set out by the
Austrian federal government.
Please be aware that these can
change at short notice.
We look forward to welcoming you!
Your hosts at Der Engel